7.08.2011

The first trimester- a retrospective

We made it!


The first trimester is over and we survived. I say we, because, although I had to survive the physical trials, Luke and Judah have survived an emotionally volatile and extremely sleepy spouse/mother for the past three months. Way to go team!


Where are we now?


Things that are still kind of crummy: 


If I don't eat frequently and with great gusto about 5 times a day I still get faint fast.


Sleeping is becoming uncomfortable.


Soft foods make me want to hurl.


The potential return of the constant- pregnancy UTI and as a result the return of pure cranberry juice binges.




Things that are awesome:


Our midwives.


Vivid dreams.


The return of the boobs (like a bad sequel, but good).


The ability to nap at the drop of a hat.


and, best of all, today I started to feel the definitive little bubblings of a kicker in there!!!




Cravings?


Coffee.


Tacos.


Hot sauce.


Bacon and eggs.


Beer (a craving I haven't fulfilled)


Suffice to say I'm giving birth to a trucker from the Midwest.


Judah's thoughts on baby now?


He points to the ultrasound and shrieks "BABY!"


He still thinks there's a strong possibility Luke is also having a baby.


He kisses the tummy when he's trying to avoid falling asleep at bedtime- the rest of the time he tries to sit on it.


I believe he's getting tired of all the hype around a baby who never shows up...




All in all, I'm glad that part is over! Now we wait 27 more weeks... anyone want to go to Taco Bell?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on making it to the second trimester. Hopefully you'll start feeling more like yourself.
    You cravings suggesting you're carrying a trucker from the midwest made me laugh out loud. I totally had the beer craving too!

    ReplyDelete