11.16.2011

8 months!

We are officially done 32 weeks, or 8 (lunar) months of pregnancy- only 2 to go.
Wooo...this is suddenly feeling very real...maybe I should go buy some baby clothes or something.


Where are we now?


Things that are kind of crummy: 

Anemia!
Well, the exhaustion wasn't all in my head (that's one less thing that is). At my last midwifery appointment my midwife let me know that, while the ideal range for ferritin is 80-130, my ferritin number was 7. Yes, 7. How was I even standing? We'll never know!
Needless to say, I am now on a nice heavy-duty iron supplement, and I feel justified in fulfilling any and all red meat cravings. Win- win.   


Baby's bum under my ribs... literally. I made Luke stick his finger under my ribcage to show him. Baby's bum is way up there. Luke was somewhat freaked out. 
It's about as comfortable as it sounds.


Things that are awesome:

Baby is still very active! And it's obvious! Not just to me- to a person half a block away. That's right, with baby's increasingly giant size and my more-than-a-little-obvious belly every movement is extremely visible. Perhaps freakishly so...


Cravings this month?


Chips! Candy! Sushi! Beer! 

Pretty much anything I shouldn't have, I want. And no, I have not succumbed to the beer craving.
As for the candy...well, I can't let Judah eat all that Halloween candy by himself... It isn't good for him...right?


Judah's thoughts on baby now?

This month Judah is big on telling me that there's only one baby. I think he's just cementing the concept of 1, 2, 3, 4 and more than 4, in his mind. So he likes to point to my belly and say, 
"Not two babies! One baby!"

Based on my size, I can only hope and pray he's right.







1 comment:

  1. Wow - where did the time go?! My jaw hit the floor when I read "8 months!" I'm so excited for you!!! I can't wait to see how Judah reacts to the new addition :O

    ReplyDelete